By John Kubinski, co-founder of The Middle Class Action Project
“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors” – Plato
Corporate interests spend millions of dollars lobbying Congress to put laws and regulations into effect that benefit their interests.
They spend billions of dollars on elections, putting their puppets into positions of authority so they can hold on to that power. They use their corporately owned media outlets to convince you that you are powerless and that the government no longer works.
The government works. It just continues to work for those who take part in the process. Don’t be fooled. Don’t surrender. Don’t give up. Don’t believe the lies being perpetrated by those that want you to become apathetic so they can continue to get what they want at your expense.
Make this your New Year’s resolution.
- Resolve to become more engaged.
- Make yourself more aware and vow to take part in the process.
- Familiarize yourself with your local officials.
- Find out their stance on the issues.
- Let them know whether or not you agree or disagree with their position.
- Find candidates that will serve what YOU deem to be your best interests and not what the media tells you they are.
- Give yourself a brush up civics lesson and become more aware of how your government is supposed to work for you.
Once you’ve done that, see to it that your elected officials live up to their responsibilities for everyone and not just their corporate masters.
Work to change the system and get the big money out of politics. The power has never left the hands of the people. The system will work if you work it.
DON’T SURRENDER YOUR POWER.
Don’t be fooled that you can’t do something by those who want you to do nothing.
Make 2017 the year of the people.
Get involved, Become aware.
WAKE UP, STAND UP and FIGHT BACK.
Use your vote.
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.