“We got a collapsing middle class… We have all of these enormous issues. And what big money can do is put an unbelievable amount of TV and radio ads out there to deflect attention from the real issues facing the American people” – Bernie Sanders
It has been the long standing policy of The Middle Class Action Project to endorse legislation and not legislators. We believe that people should support policy and not policy makers. There are so many issues that affect the working class that it is very difficult to find a candidate that is focused on addressing the majority of them, let alone even half of them. We are making an exception in the upcoming Democratic Primary.
We are endorsing Senator Bernie Sanders
The Middle Class Action Project has always advocated for the working person. This is where Senator Sanders stands on issues affecting the working class.
Senator Sanders has taken firm positions on many of the issues we have been advocating for years:
- “The situation today is ominous,” Sanders said, referring to the continued slide of manufacturing and the erosion of the middle class.
- To reverse the trend, he is pushing for fair trade, not unfettered free trade that creates an incentive for American companies to shutter U.S. manufacturing facilities and move jobs overseas.
- As a member of Congress, Sanders led the opposition to NAFTA and voted against permanent normal trade relations with China. In the years since the battles in Congress, national polls indicate that the majority of Americans feel that free trade has hurt the U.S
- Bernie Sanders is fighting against corruption and for American citizens
- He supports infrastructure repair and creating American jobs.
- Senator Sanders believes that we need to overturn the Citizens United Decision and get the big money interest out of politics.
- Too Big To Fail – Too Big To Exist. He believes in breaking up the big banks and eliminating the concept of being too big to fail. He supports reinstating regulations on Wall Street and holding corporations accountable for their actions.
- He supports making college affordable or even free for all.
- He wants to provide healthcare for all of our citizens.
- He wants to expand Social Security and Medicaid.
- He wants to transform from fossil fuels to renewables.
Rarely do you find a candidate so in tune with the needs of the working people. Even within our own group we rarely find so many on the same page with a single candidate. It is for these reasons that we endorse Bernie Sanders for President.